Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Updated from Demo Rider Glenda Player

I am having so much fun this summer preparing for the World Equestrian Games! While there this September, I will be doing a musical freestyle with two of my Playland Farm homebreds PL Lucky Empress and PL Lucky Tammy. It has been awesome to see how far these girls have come! Empress started competing in Training 1 classes this spring, and just did her first First-level test this past month! As part of our preparation, we rode with Olympic Gold-medalist Nicole Uphoff-Selke during a clinic at Turning Point Farm this past month. Wow! Did Nicole work us! We worked on 10-meter canter circles as well as mastering our walk-canter transitions. Despite the heat, Empress was a trooper, and we were also able to work on our lengthenings. The weekend after the clinic we practiced our musical freestyle at a PVDA Schooling Show at Celebration Farm. I can’t wait to show off our hard work at WEG!
Tammy is also doing great this summer. At the beginning of the year she started work after having more than a year off to be a mom. We’ve been focusing on the Training-level dressage tests this summer, and Tammy has always brought home a ribbon. She also went to Celebration Farm to practice her musical freestyle and rocked it!
The musical freestyles have been a new challenge for me. I still have some little kinks to work out with the timing of the music (which is completely my fault … I refused to take music lessons when I was younger … I was too busy riding!). Luckily, I have two more months to master the freestyles on each horse before we leave for Kentucky. Working with EquiChord on these musical freestyles has truly enhanced my riding. It has been so eye opening to see how much the horses respond to the music. They get energy from the music and work harder at trying new things. I cannot wait to show the world what these Irish horses can do!

Watch for Glenda doing Dressage demonstration on both Tammy and Empress at the World Equestrian Games in conjunction with the Irish Village!

No comments:

Post a Comment