Friday, January 21, 2011

Top 20 Moments at WEG: #11 - Bridon Beale Street's Grand Exit

During one of our demonstrations, I’m in the middle of the arena, Fleur is commentating, and all of the sudden Connie Arthur and Bridon Beale Street go stand in the corner. Fleur tries to beckon them out to keep jumping and showing off for the crowd. Connie’s shaking her head “no,” meanwhile; I’m panicking trying to figure out what’s wrong. Then, she proceeds to turn Liam around, take off at a canter, and jump OUT of the demo arena and head for the barns. I’m standing there with my jaw on the ground; Fleur is begging Connie to come back. She does turn around, and jump back into the arena, to the cheers and laughter of the crowd. After the demo, Fleur tells me they had secretly planned the whole thing, they just forgot to let me in on it …. Cause why would the coordinator need to know?? Ha!

(Photos courtesty Alison Wolff Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment